Friday, October 22, 2010

The Weekend!

I have school here for six days per week (adding to 33 hours of instruction time per week), so when the weekend comes around, everyone is pretty tired of school work. On Saturday night I usually hang out with friends, and we eat pizza, with toppings I've never tried before. My first weekend we had french fry pizza, and a hot dog pizza... Last weekend was bbq sauce and chicken...
I also had the pleasure of seeing the pope from my balcony! He came by twice in his popemobile and that was pretty exciting. The city had prepared by repainting street lines, cleaning the streets, then blocking traffic all around where he'd be going. He was in Palermo to speak to young people about resisting organized crime, and to speak in support of those already doing so. I'm not religious, but it was still interes
ting and exciting to see such a world figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment